1. Go to the website YouScan.me and create an account. I linked mine with my facebook.
2. You will see a page that says Choose your code type with many options below. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on You Tube. You will then see a blank line for you to paste any You Tube link you choose.
3. Open You Tube in a new tab choose any appropriate video and right click on the address bar as the video plays. Click copy.
4. Go back to the tab with YouScan.Me. Type the name of the video in the first two lines of the page (Code Title and Page Title) You will also need to click on campaign and language.
5. Then scroll to the bottom of that page again make sure you have clicked on the You Tube logo on the left hand side then simply right click on the blank space provided on the middle of the page and click paste.
6. Click Add your You Tube video should appear on the right hand side of the screen.
7. Click generate at the bottom of the page.
8. You will be taken to a page that allows you to download your QR code.
9. After downloading your QR code simply right mouse click on the picture and click save as. You can save your QR code to any folder you choose.
10. Fine Print This website only allows 3 free QR codes.The cheapest plan is $4.99 a month to create 10 QR codes a month. I am going to try that plan.
The QR code I have at the top of this blog post is David Gets in Trouble. You are free to copy and paste it and use it as a listening center.
I hope you have fun making your own fun listening centers for your students